Big fan of chai? We wouldn’t be surprised if you were. Chai is delicious, soothing, and incredibly healthy, and it’s easily available these days.
Having said that, you can make your chai habit even more enjoyable by using the tea in different ways. We’re not talking about the chai latte recipes you see on YouTube, which are admittedly great but not exactly what we’d consider unique. Instead, we’re going to take things to the next level and show you just how versatile chai can be.
A Little Background to Get You Inspired
Before we proceed, however, we’d like to talk a bit more about this ground tea product so you have a better idea of its culinary possibilities.
Chai is a type of black tea that originated from India. It can be drunk alone or with milk, but it can also be infused with “warm” flavors such as ginger, cinnamon, fennel, and cardamom. These ingredients are what make the tea so comforting, and they’re also what inspired the recipes that we’ll share below.
Chai Vegan French Toast
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup of soy or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons of Exotic Chai tea powder
- Several, thick-cut slices of day-old bread
- Mix all the ingredients together, apart from the bread, in a shallow dish.
- Apply cooking spray to the bottom of a non-stick skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Take a slice of bread, dip each side into the mixture, and transfer it to the hot skillet Cooke it for about 4 minutes on each side, and then transfer it to a serving plate once golden brown. Repeat this for all the remaining slices of bread.
- Top the slices with powdered sugar, maple syrup, and vegan butter if you have some on hand. Dig in and enjoy while they’re still warm.
Chai Overnight Oats
- 1 teaspoon of Exotic Chai tea powder
- ¼ cup of hot water
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
- Prepare the tea by mixing the tea powder and water and letting it steep for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the tea with the rest of the ingredients until everything is well-incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean mason jar with a lid, and store it in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy your overnight oats the next day by finishing it off with a light sprinkling of nutmeg.
Chai Vegan Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ¾ cup of cane sugar
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Exotic Chai tea powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until everything is well-combined.
- Line a baking sheet with cooking spray. Take about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough, roll it into a ball, and lay it onto the baking sheet. Slightly press down the top of the cookie and repeat until the cookie dough is used up.
- Transfer the sheet to your oven and let the cookies bake for 12 minutes.
- Once fully cooked, take the cookies out of the oven to let them cool for an additional 10 minutes.
There you have it! These recipes have all the goodness of chai in them, and the best part is that they’re all surprisingly easy to pull off. These are perfect for breakfast or as a midday snack, so go ahead and try them out yourself.
Looking to buyExotic Chai tea powder? Visit our web store to place an order. We sell other delicious teas as well, such asAlmond Matcha andJamaican Cocoa, and they’ll all make fantastic additions to your organic smoothies and iced tea lattes!